Monday, February 15, 2010

All about me

I grew up in the small town of Norton, Massachusetts where the most exciting thing there was Wheaton College and our one stoplight in the center of town. Oh, and not to forget the restaurant Wendell’s, that was once featured on TV Diner because of its hot wings.

I recently just got my first Ipod this past Christmas and I don’t know how I lived without one. I go on my Facebook more than ten times a day and I’m known as a Facebook “creeper”. Creeping on Facebook is something I enjoy and if anything happens on Facebook I know about it.

I was the third youngest in my graduating class because I went to a private school with no cut off age when I was younger. I would tell people I was younger because I was so smart and skipped a grade but I couldn’t keep the lie going for long. I did recently just turn 18 in October so I was a baby entering my freshman year of college.

I got interested in Journalism around sophomore year when I discovered our school had a newspaper. I ended up loving everything about the newspaper and by my junior year I was co-editor. I ran that newspaper like it was my job. I ate, breathed, and spent almost every afternoon working on the paper coming up with new ways to improve it. At the start of my senior year I had taken an 8 person staff and a 12 page newspaper to a 15 person staff and a 24 page newspaper that could also be accessed on the web. On a good month, I could get 32 pages.

I played soccer from fifth to eleventh grade and ran track for two years in high school. I was that student who joined every club in high school and thought they ran the school. Sport weren’t the biggest thing in my life but I was a dedicated New England Revolution soccer fan.

While writing for the teen section of a local newspaper I had the opportunity to interview one of the players from the Revolution. This would be my first real interview and I knew teenagers and adults from almost five towns would read it. The interview was done through the phone (probably because they knew I would have attacked the player if I personally met him) but I was still really nervous. Once I heard the player get on the phone and say, “Hey, this is Adam Cristman” I almost peed myself. So I quickly got myself together and started the interview. Overall, the interview went well.

I hope to travel the world as either my job or for fun. I’ve already been to about ten states and two countries. I spent a month in South Korea staying with my friend’s family who was an exchange student to my family my sophomore year. That was one of the best months of my life, living and experiencing something totally different to my own life. After traveling to Korea and working in the study abroad office here at Roger Williams, my desire to travel the world is greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment