Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday, Feb 2

I went into today's class ready to learn something new and exciting and that's what I did!

Learning about Lasswell's formula was something that I thought was interesting because I had never heard of it. I like how it helps to understand communication better and we can apply it to our everyday life such as when we are reading an article from the New York Times. The exercise we did with Cameron drawing figures from us describing things to him was a good visual of how our language is based off of symbols.

The movie Signs was really adorable and a typical boy meets girl, girl leaves, boy is sad, and then boy and girl are reunited film. As cheesy as this plot may be, the movie taught us that we can communicate with one another without actually speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment